I've been catching up with my blogroll, and all the Americans are posting about Thanksgiving (The Canadians had Thanksgiving a while ago, which confuses me - why a different date?).
None of my 3 countries celebrates Thanksgiving. In a way I'm pleased because family gatherings can be annoying, and fattening, and stressful, plus I just know being so far away from my loved ones would make me sad... Christmas is bad enough!
Conversely, what we don't have in my countries is a day when we take a big step back and consciously list the things we have to be thankful for.
Some of my bloggers have had the most horrible year, and they still have the grace to be thankful for things. It's inspiring. And humbling.
So, in the spirit of Thanksgiving... I am grateful for:
- My family
- A loving husband who wants a family with me
- My excellent health
- Having a good job during this recession
- A house that I own
- Not having to struggle to pay the mortgage
- Friends around the world who care about me
- Being a whole lot fitter and thinner than I could be
- Living in Sydney